- A commonly used text-based spreadsheet format. Many spreadsheets can read and
write this file format.
- The science of generating tomographic x-ray images of an object or subject.
- DICOM is an acronym for The Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine standard.
The standard was created by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) to aid the
distribution and viewing of medical images.
- An x-ray attenuation scale commonly used for interpreting CT images.
- A crystalline form of calcium found in bone.
- A table that defines the mapping between the gray scale values found
in the CT image and the coloration to be displayed for each gray scale value.
- A 2D or 3D region, within an image, used to define the extent of
an analysis or computation.
- The 3D analog of a pixel, or picture element. The smallest, box-shaped element
in any 3D image.